The university council is the executive governing body of the university, responsible for the management and administration of the revenue and property of the university.
Parts of duties and responsibilities:
- Proposing new academic and research fields to related authorities.
- Proposing the capacity of students’ admission in each field to the board of trustees.
- Inspecting the comprehensive design and development plans of the university and proposing the general policies to the board of trustees.
- Approving the specific academic and research prescription of the university on the basis of general regulations.
- Inspecting the matters proposed by the university chancellor about the yearly budget and giving opinions on them.
- Proposing revision in organizational and administrative design of the university to the related organizations.
- Approving the academic and research capacity and competency of institutions affiliating to or joining the university.
- Overseeing and reviewing the management of the university and its performance
- Confirming the university council’s directions
- Accepting Iranian or foreign scientists as honorary members of the university
- Overseeing and monitoring the academic activities of the university